Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Show thumbnail of image stored on Flickr

AndyCan

This topic is 5024 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Afternoon all,

In one of my tables i'm storing the URI of images located on my Flickr account. What i would like is to be able to show a thumbnail of the image once the URI has been entered.

Flickr offers a square format of 75px x 75px which can be accessed by appending _s to the raw filename before the .jpg suffix.

However, when i create a web portal of 75 x 75 with that address, I'm getting a white space appear at the bottom of the box and the top of the image is cut off. Is there a way to remove the white space or a better way to get this funcionality?

Thanks!

Well I've just realised that you can't add web viewers to a portal. You end up with just one instance on the layout that doesn't attach itself to the portal, so I can't use that to show an image for each image line item.

Does anyone have a better idea of how to achieve this?

Hi Andy,

What you want to do requires a bit of knowledge of HTML so if you don't know how to make a simple webpage this might be a bit difficult.

Basically you need to make a large webviewer and use a data url to imbed a full webpage in that webviewer.

I think sixfriedrice.com did an article awhile back on data urls so just do a search on their site to see what that is.

Then on your code you would use the filemaker List() function to reference your URL table. The easiest would be instead of just storing your URL's to actually have a calculation field that generates an tag based on your flicker URL. That way when you use the List function in your web viewer it will actually list all of the code necessary to display your image.

If I get some time I might be able to do a simple example file but I don't have time right now.

Hope this helps.

This topic is 5024 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.