Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Inline attachments from related records

This topic is 4693 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

You do not need a variable. The EmailAttachFile command accepts either a URL, container, or file path.

Where is the source attachment? What table would you loop thru, customers?

• 10 months later...
  • Newbies

I have an artwork table with a container holding the preview (it is embedded - not linked) - I'm going to have a play with this today. I'll let you know how I get on - thanks.

I've got kind of a comparable situation myself.

I want to send a mail with multiple attachments, so the recepient gets 1 mail with the attachments.

When I create the mail, I select the tickets that will be assigned to the recepient.

The tickets, that will be attached to the mail, are located (in a seperate table) in container fields, containing the pdf ticket files.

Example

To: [email protected]

Subject: Event

Attachment to that mail ticket101.pdf, event102.pdf,ticket103.pdf

My problem is how do i do that ? I setup a portal on the layout where I select the available tickets that need to be mailed to the recepient.

And now I'm completly stuck. I wan't to purchase the plugin, but must be sure that my problem will be solved....

The plugin will allow you to easily do this. You simply call EmailAttachFile as many times as you want before you EmailSend.

btw: I want to point out the although the title of this thread refers to inline attachments, this discussion does not address inline graphic attachments, but rather simple attachments.

• Newbies

Correct me if I'm wrong,

Step 1) EmailRegister and then EmailConnectSMTP functions

Step 2) I create the mail with EmailCreate function

Step 3) I loop through the records and for each record that needs to be attached I call the EmailAttachFile

Step 4) at the end of the loop EmailSend function

And that's the flow ?

Yes, but you need to pass in a file from a path or a container in your loop. You can't actually pass in a record itself. I'll assume that's what you meant, but I wanted to post that just to make sure. You never know!

This topic is 4693 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.