Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Attaching PDF to SMTP E-Mailing over a Network

Tim S

This topic is 4971 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have developed a solution that allows a bus driver in our district to create a discipline report and then send that PDF report to the school principal. The problem I'm having is that it works great when you're setting at the server but when working from a client I get the error "Bus Referral Form.pdf" could not be created on this disk. Use a different name, make more room on the disk, unlock it or use a different disk." I've set the path to [color:red]filewin://EDSONLINE/Users/eds/Desktop/Bus_Sharepoint/Bus_Referral_Form.pdf

The problem is most likely due to the volume not being accessible, or the user logged in, not having privileges to write to that directory.

I think what is meant by 'setting at server', means, when logged in on server computer running FM Client, the script works, is that accurate?

Saving to temporary directory as suggested will remedy the problem because the user will have write privileges and the directory will always exist. Since the temporary path may vary depending on Windows/FM version, use the get(temporarypath) function. For Windoze it would look like

Set $PathToSaveTo = get (temporarypath) & "badstudent.pdf"

This topic is 4971 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.