Printing with IWP

This topic is 4973 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My layouts print perfectly in Filemaker. However the same layout prints small when accessing it through a web browser.

Is there a work around for this?

Will I need two layouts one for the web and one for Filemaker?

Thanks

Mark Jones

Will I need two layouts one for the web and one for Filemaker?

The short answer is yes. From what I've seen, you can plan on having a layout for people that use FM software and then another one for IWP. It also depends on the browser and individual user printer settings.

Thanks. It is disapointing to have a layout that looks good in filemaker and when printed on the web looks squished.

This is not a good thing.

This means twice the work of layouts.

Mark Jones

While officially that is correct.

This was a easy work around for printing from a web browser.

I found that taking the FM layout that my web users fill out online and then duplicating that layout and then selecting the whole layout and grouping the layout and then dragging the layout to fit a web browsers printout wider and longer than a normal page and then adding a button on the layout to goto this new stretched layout that hides the status window then they can print a page that is about the size of the orginal that filemaker users see.

I also used a welcome layout to bring folks to upon entering the database so I can do some Account Name calculations using the button on the Welcome layout so they don't see the "No Access" records they didn't create and see only their created records.

Several work arounds but it's working.

This new web publishing has made me learn some new stuff. In the old runtimes I was creating I didn't need all this new stuff. Still lots to learn but with Filemaker Pro things work out fine.

Mark Jones

This topic is 4973 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.