Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Extracting XML error Data from Logs

JaseFace

This topic is 4949 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm using iSpring Quizmaker to build a (HTML hosted SWF) quiz and send the result to FM via an XML URL command:

http:///fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=&-lay=TrainSession&-recid=1&ScorefromQuiz=100&-edit.

Run manually from a browser its great, DB updates fine. However when run from the SWF quiz iSpring creates, it doesn't, even though it's reported as having posted OK in the logs. The only difference is that I have a 547 reported at the end of the log line rather than a 7704 (when it is successful).

:0 - -"/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=OLEDB&-lay=TrainSession&-recid=1&ScorefromQuiz=100&-edit" 200 547

(Same Info Logged in Web Pub Core, no errors)

The XML result file is a smaller file - error file? I can't see it 'cos the browser is stuck on the quiz page and the returning XML isn't displayed.

I've got my logging cranked to the max for Apache and FM. Waiting to hear from iSpring if they are 'couching' the URL in something. If it was an error how do I pick out the error code that would have been reported in the XML result file?

• 2 weeks later...

Further info:

I used wireshark to sniff the network traffic and the URL command is being erroneously transmitted. FM is returning an error 102: 'Field is missing'.

the iSpring Flash App wasn't sending a URL command (and getting returned XML) it was sending an XML result to a given URL. My misunderstanding of unclearly written documentation (on iSpring's part).

This topic is 4949 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.