Server Maintenance This Week. ×

IWP guest login confusion

This topic is 4949 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have read through the documentation about allowing the Guest account IWP access so that you can redirect users to an IWP database layout with a username and password layout. I've set up redirects and the Guest account and everything works ok as long as the Guest account is the only one with the IWP extended access privilege.

However, as soon as I add an account that has IWP access to it I lose the ability to redirect to my layout and the user is then presented with the default "Open Database" dialog that I am trying to avoid.

This seems like a catch 22; I can redirect users correctly as long as their are no accounts in the database, but I can't authenticate users with only a guest account.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just the way it is? I guess I can use a third database (IWP, Data, and Authentication) to run a script or something, but this seems like sort of an ineloquent solution to the problem.

If you set up your opening script to capture the privilege set name and the application type then you can control whatever you want. Read up on

Get(PrivilegeSetName)

Get(ApplicationVersion)

This topic is 4949 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.