Sharing DB Across Different Networks

This topic is 4946 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

First of all apologies if I have posted this topic in the wrong forum, wasn't sure what topic this would come under.

I am currently designing a management database for a festival. They need to share the database between 3-4 people and don't want to purchase FIle Maker Server.

I can setup sharing the database internally in their office fine but they need to access the database from home, different event sites as well as within the office.

I couldn't find much on the web about remotely accessing a database from an external network, so just wondered if anyone had any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

You would need to set up port forwarding for port 5003 (FileMaker Network Sharing) and/or 80 (IWP) from your internal hosting machine to your external IP. This would be done in your router's configuration.

You may alternately want to consider using a professional FileMaker Hosting provider, such as ourselves:

http://www.pointinspace.com/

We host all databases on FileMaker Server Advanced, on high power Apple Xserves. Feel free to contact me here or off-list to jmay(at)pointinspace.com if you have any questions about our services.

- John

This topic is 4946 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.