ODBC records 'disappearing'

This topic is 4926 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm a bit lost here... I'm working on connecting with a MySQL database, just testing at the moment, to see if we could use it for something larger and more robust. This is my problem:

Connected fine with the Actual ODBC drivers to MySQL, I can see the table, fields, etc... in a FM file when I set it up, however, if the MySQL table is edited outside of Filemaker, it adjusts the number of records that display in Filemaker (can't find the rhyme or reason as to which ones). It doesn't adjust the found set, but the records actually appear to 'disappear'. I put that in quotes, since if I go to list view, and refresh window, they momentarily appear (with "?" in the fields), and then disappear again. This also happens if I close and open the file. Also, if I search for them individually, say, by their serial number, I can find them one by one. If I change anything outside of FM again, it reverts back to only showing a few records.

Anyone have some idea of what's going on? Two thoughts I had were possibly something related to indexing, or possibly something relating to Filemakers internal record IDs. Or, it could have something to do with the username?

Let me know your thoughts,

Thank you!

-Julian

This topic is 4926 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.