Server Maintenance This Week. ×

License Conflict Only On Server Hosted File

This topic is 4895 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey guys!

So I have FMS 11 running on a computer, hosting a file.

I installed FMP on a new computer but didn't realize one other mac on the wifi network is already using it. When opening the hosted file on the server, I was given the license conflict message. Fine.

I uninstalled FM, removed all preference files, etc. started fresh with a different license key. Same problem.

I tried all kinds of different things to absolutely no avail so finally I removed FMP from the OTHER mac that already had FMP on it. So now I only have one computer on the wifi network using FMP. I try and connect to the server hosted file and I still get license conflict message. BUT THERE ARE NO OTHER COMPUTERS WITH FMP!

What should I do? Pah-lease help.

Thanks so much,

Rob

Be sure all your file references in the hosted files contain no IP addresses. They should be of the simple form file:filename. For example:

file:Contacts

• Like 1

Hey Bruce,

I'm entirely sure what you are referring to. The name of the file that is hosted contains no ip address. When I open a remote file from my computer the path I reach the hosted file through is:

fmnet:/192.168.1.104/Company Contact

Are you saying that I should see only fmnet:/Company Contact instead?

Thanks for your help, greatly appreciated!

Rob

No, what Bruce is referring to is any file references to other files from within Company Contact. (In that file, go to Manage -> external data sources, to view the file references). Since the file and all of its linked files are hosted on fms, the file reference should look like this:

file:SomeOtherFile

• Like 1

This topic is 4895 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.