No records found script handling

This topic is 4838 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

First off, this is my first post in the forums and I hope I got this under the right category.

Here's the scenario - I'm setting up a login script that 1. checks if the person is logging in as a guest or registered user then 2. checks what the registered users access privileges are and finally 3. finds all of only that users records and switches to a specific layout.

It works fine with one exception, when a registered user hasn't yet created a record it shows the "No Records" found message prompting them to Continue or Modify Find. Niether of which is what I want. What I'm trying to do is send a first time user to a page that explains how to use the solution and then give them a button to lead them into creating their first record.

If I don't use the Set Error Capture [On] script step it performs as mentioned, but if I do use it it ignores the rest of the script, finds all records and goes to my default layout. I really don't want any user to see all the records. I've tried approaching it two ways, one with it set if 0 found and the other if NOT 0 found (images of both scripts attached). I hope that's clear enough, if not let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mike D.

found0.png.44d88ccde8128ce4ac7cbe3dd058cc1f.png

foundnot0.png.4b3513ec68a5c940835c062996783189.png

It works fine with one exception, when a registered user hasn't yet created a record it shows the "No Records" found message prompting them to Continue or Modify Find.

You can supress this warning by placing Error Capture before the find. After the find command is issued, do a boolean check on error code 401. If the boolean check is true for error 401, direct the user to the first record creation lead in area. With the script you have handling that, force it to do a Omit Multiple Records step calculation that is the result of Get(FoundCount).

There are other ways of accomplishing this as well, you could have the layout you use to direct a new, first time user on a table created specifically for that layout so that you don't have to deal with the records of the table your wanting to direct them to. Then jump off that layout to your first time entry.

This topic is 4838 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.