Cannot open

This topic is 4854 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I should begin yelling mayday mayday mayday... I have a big trouble with one of my database (big one) which began to NOT open.

On opening, File Maker started with scanning for unused block, then database update passing all records, then message "Encyclohelico production.fp7 could not be opened (Not Open)"

Then I tried recover function and get only an empty database, all tables but no field nor data of course, and all the scripts, buttons, etc

I tried again recover function but it never passed the step 6 of 14, and I cancelled after several hours.

The recovered database weights 225.3 MB (make sense if only layout, buttons, scripts, etc), and the original 396.1MB (correct as including data)

Any clue, would be very much appreciated.

Sounds very much like a corrupt database. You mention in your profile that your version of FileMaker is 7, are you still using 7 or have you upgraded since? FileMaker 11 has additional recovery options available now which let you do specific things such as just rebuild the indexes of a file (see picture) , this may be an option if you have not yet tried the recovery in FM11.

pic.png

On opening, File Maker started with scanning for unused block, then database update passing all records, then message "Encyclohelico production.fp7 could not be opened (Not Open)"

FileMaker is telling you that it the file was closed improperly, i.e. a power failure, force quit, etc.

You are definitely describing a corrupt file. Do you have a Backup?

Are you using the most recent update of v7 ?

Has this file failed in the past?

Has it been Recovered in the past?

Lee

This topic is 4854 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.