Server Maintenance This Week. ×

New Content not working

This topic is 4841 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

It appears so - but it is not. For example, this thread is missing from the active content list, despite being added to only 2.5 hours ago:

http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/75932-moving-fields-from-one-file-to-another/

Ah, your right. That one missing for me too.

"recent" is a direct pull from the database (not cached) - where as View New Content and Active Content is based on cached data from the Sphinx engine that runs on a cron task every 15minutes. ( i have just changed it to run every 5 minutes I will have to keep an eye on it to see how it impact performance )

I don't think that's the issue here. I see your post in Active Content, posted "9 minutes ago". I do NOT see my post, posted "17 minutes ago":

http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/51094-value-list-with-user-values-plus-looked-up-values/page__view__findpost__p__358285

But Stephen, it doesn't make sense: why would a post remain unlisted for hours, if the cron runs every 15 minutes?

There is also something very weird with the way posts are divided by pages: page 2 shows posts that are NEWER than the last posts on page 1.

I hope those guys can their act together and do it soon, because right now it's pathetic.

this is a known issue - the only alternative at this point is to turn off Sphinx search and go back to traditional search - SQL (no 3 character searches) Tell you what I will turn off sphinx and we will try traditional for the time being.

This topic is 4841 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.