Updating order status based on line items status

etsmarines

This topic is 4849 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have an order tracking file. each order has any number of line items in the order. When i update the status of each line item they show the status of the item in any portal that diplays that line item, Either orderered packaaged billed or delivered. Is there a way to make the order itself show a status that represents the status' of all its line items together. So for example if an order has three line items and all their status' are set to packaged, the order istelf in the order portal will automatically display a status of packaged.

Thanks

Erik

I have an order tracking file. each order has any number of line items in the order. When i update the status of each line item they show the status of the item in any portal that diplays that line item, Either orderered packaaged billed or delivered. Is there a way to make the order itself show a status that represents the status' of all its line items together. So for example if an order has three line items and all their status' are set to packaged, the order istelf in the order portal will automatically display a status of packaged.

Thanks

Erik

As comment mentioned, there are a multitude of ways to you could do this.

One way...

When you create a line item, have a number field and auto fill it with 1.

When you ship that line item, have that number field update to 0 or ""(*NULL Value).

Then use the Count() function on those related portal records in your Order Record and use a calculation to check if that count is greater than 0, if not..display your order complete message.

Might not be the most elegant method, but would work fine.

This topic is 4849 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.