Creating a "X" from a list

This topic is 4841 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

It's been a long time since I have done anything in Filemaker and I am required to again.

I have a list of three items that I want the result to be a "X" in a text box depending on which radio box is clicked on from the list. What is the way to write the calculation for each of the boxes that I will need. There are 3 items in the list I am working from. I can get a 2 option radio box to work, but not the 3 option box.

Thanks in advance.

Then why not set it up as a checkbox field in the first place, rather than radio button?

I originally had it set up that way, I also have had it set up as a menu and it still doesn't matter. I think my problem has to do with the calculating and not the input method. I need help writing the conditions to get the "X" to appear.

I still don't understand what exactly do you want to calculate - or why. You can use radio buttons as the input method, and checkboxes as the display method (two instances of the same field).

The attachment shows a horizontal field with 3 options. I need to be able to put a check in front of the option that is filled out elsewhere in the file. I can only get the "X" to appear in front of the "Retired" option regardless of what is checked in my input field. I am having to fill out existing forms so they can print.

Here is the attachment.

Screen shot 2011-01-18 at 10.56.51 AM.png

This topic is 4841 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.