Controlling page breaks and unpredictable blank spaces

ShannonM

This topic is 4838 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I have a printing problem that I cannot figure out. I have a report that contains a Header, 3 Subsummary parts and a Body.

The Header and first two Subsummary parts feature text and one merge field that consistently only take up one line each.

Now, the third Subsummary part contains varying amounts of data and often has to extend beyond the first page boundary. Similarly, the Body part varies in length and often extends beyond the second page limit.

I have selected all of the appropriate sliding/printing options (sliding up based on all above, also reduce the size of the enclosing part) for all field within the 3rd Subsummary part and Body. I have also selected "Allow Part to Break Across Page Boundaries" in the part definition.

However, when I preview to print, the Header and first two Subsummary parts appear on the first page (3 lines of text)and then the rest is blank space, with the data from the Third Subsummary part starting on page 2 and the data from the Body continuing right after it, as it should.

My question is - how do I get the data from the 3rd subsummary part to start on page 1 and break and then continue on page 2? The issue is not with this part breaking, as it works fine from page 2 to page 3.

On the layout, if I reduce the size of the Subsummary part 3 so that it fits within the boundary of the first page, then this large blank space is eliminated. However, I need this part to be larger (i.e. extend beyond the page boundary) to accomodate all of the data.

If you have read this far - thank you! Any suggestions?

This topic is 4838 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.