Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Web Database?

This topic is 4776 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Ok, Im assuming this is where this topic would go. I know the basics of filemaker, and the basics of freeway pro. I know no PHP. That being said, I want to be able to take a filemaker database I have and put it on a website so that people can fill out this form I have and send it to me. The reason Im trying filemaker is because the forms you create in Freeway aren't as aesthetically pleasing as the filemaker form. Sooooo how would I go about doing this?

Thanks!

You cannot simply put your FileMaker file on a website, the file must be hosted by FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Server or FileMaker Server Advanced. Each of the hosting options provides different levels of web presence for your database. There are quite a number of FM hosting companies, some advertise on this board. See also the Instant Web Publishing guide also installed with your fileMaker software. more info also at the FileMaker website.

If you're looking for a professional FileMaker hosting provider, please have a look at our services at:

http://www.pointinspace.com/

We have been providing FileMaker hosting on shared, virtual and dedicated servers for over 12 years.

Please let me know if you have any questions either here or off-list to jmay(at)pointinspace.com. Thanks!

- John

• 2 months later...
  • Newbies

So, to clarify, I need to purchase another program to use FMP10 online?

I have a small (but growing) database of my art print photography. Right now, I'm simply using it to keep track of what prints I've published and have in retail stores.

I have a MySQL database set up for the college class I'm taking in programming using Dreamweaver and the PHP/MySQL languages. I'd like to know if I can simply host the FM database, and call from it to fill in a jQuery (javascript) slideshow.

This topic is 4776 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.