Server Maintenance This Week. ×

select from table

This topic is 4833 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

FM 11 Adv. Is it possible to use a lookup table in FM? Similar to the way Excel can do it. That is, how can I store a table of data (say for example Fruit and Color). When I enter apple in a fruit field, FM enters the table, finds the corresponding red, and inserts into the field color. Of course this can be done the logical case or choose functions, or perhaps with value lists, but both are cumbersome to setup and maintain.

Could you use your real data in your question? You'll receive a better answer.

Lookups in FM are only used if the data is temporal. Such as grabbing a price when you add a product to an Invoice Line Item. Otherwise, you define a relationship and include the related field on your layout (such as color).

FM 11 Adv. Is it possible to use a lookup table in FM? Similar to the way Excel can do it. That is, how can I store a table of data (say for example Fruit and Color). When I enter apple in a fruit field, FM enters the table, finds the corresponding red, and inserts into the field color. Of course this can be done the logical case or choose functions, or perhaps with value lists, but both are cumbersome to setup and maintain.

By storing a table of fruit and color; and setting up a lookup.

Lookup.fp7.zip

This topic is 4833 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.