Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Printing Form Letter from Portal

buskyboy

This topic is 4833 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello Everyone,

This is my first posting and I need help. I think there is probably a simple explanation for my problem. Here goes...

I am making a database for an entertainment agency. I have 4 main tables ( Customers, Talent, Talent_lines, Jobs)

Relationships :

Customers > jobs (1 to Many)

Jobs > Talent_lines (1 to Many) this is a join table as a single job can use many artists.

Talent > Talent_lines (1 to many)

The Problem.

Most things are going well.. :)

I have a portal in Jobs (form layout) showing the talent that is booked for the job.

I am trying to print a contract for each artist(talent). When I originally set up the database I only had it working with one 1 artist per job and I was able to go to a layout of the contract and fill in all the details from the jobs and related tables.

After adding the join table I can only manage to get it to fill out a contact for the first row of the portal. :unsure:

I would love to be able to put a button on each portal row and then go to a print contract layout form each record in the portal.

After 2 days of trying things I'm stuck and hence need your help.

I hope this email makes sense, if you need more info just let me know

Cheers Patrick

On which table is this layout based? If you have a standard contract, with only the name of the artist and the job details to fill out, then the layout should be based on the Talent_lines table.

thanks for your reply the layout is based on the jobs table as there are many variables for each job eg times venues etc

I have attached a clone of the file for you if that helps.

I do appreciate this

application.fp7.zip

Your file requires a password.

the layout is based on the jobs table as there are many variables for each job

That's not a good enough reason. By the very nature of the join table, there is only one related job record for each join - so the correct job details will be pulled from the Jobs table. OTOH, a job has many related records in the join table, so the artist details will be pulled from the first related record in Artists.

Your file requires a password.

That's not a good enough reason. By the very nature of the join table, there is only one related job record for each join - so the correct job details will be pulled from the Jobs table. OTOH, a job has many related records in the join table, so the artist details will be pulled from the first related record in Artists.

sorry username sue password sue

not sure what you mean. I thought that I would be able to get all the details from the job table for the related row in the talent_line table but not so.

Have a look at the 'Print Artist Contract' layout.

You know i tried that but must have done something wrong. I now a get a letter for each row. Thank you. I assume I can now just add a script to a button in the portal row which will restrict it to one contract.

Thank you very much for your help. Your very kind

Cheers Patrick

This topic is 4833 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.