Tab Panels & multiple records

Answers

This topic is 4826 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I feel like I'm just missing something simple here. I'm designing a simple database to register players to a non profit basketball organization. There are players and parents. A parent could sign up more than one of their children. Simple, one to many relationship. The parent information goes in, generates a family ID. Then the child info goes in, same family id of course and then a number is added to the end, e.g. 1 for child 1, 2 for child 2 etc.. The form is designed so that the Parent is on top and underneath is the child's info in tab panels for medical info, contact info, etc... What is the best way to add the next child for those parents. Would love to be able to add new child in that tab panel by hitting a next button. I think I'm have a brain freeze (hey we're having an ice storm!). I included a screen shot.

Suggestions?

Thank you for any help!

Picture 6.png

I feel like I'm just missing something simple here. I'm designing a simple database to register players to a non profit basketball organization. There are players and parents. A parent could sign up more than one of their children. Simple, one to many relationship. The parent information goes in, generates a family ID. Then the child info goes in, same family id of course and then a number is added to the end, e.g. 1 for child 1, 2 for child 2 etc.. The form is designed so that the Parent is on top and underneath is the child's info in tab panels for medical info, contact info, etc... What is the best way to add the next child for those parents. Would love to be able to add new child in that tab panel by hitting a next button. I think I'm have a brain freeze (hey we're having an ice storm!). I included a screen shot.

Suggestions?

Thank you for any help!

Never mind, I was having a brain freeze. I just had to switch where the layout's records were coming from & write a script to add new family members. The weather in the great Northeast of the U.S. is causing cabin brain (can't think clearly). LOL

Thanks!

This topic is 4826 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.