Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Calculating Years

This topic is 4844 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I hope someone will be able to help me with this calculation. I'm trying to calculate employees Lenght of Service (LOS).

Example, if an employee 1 started in 1994 and Employee 2 started in 2001. I want to calculate there total years so employee 1 would be at 17 years and employee 2 at 10 years and have it calculate each year. How do I create that formula. Any help would be greatly appreicated.

I hope someone will be able to help me with this calculation. I'm trying to calculate employees Lenght of Service (LOS).

Example, if an employee 1 started in 1994 and Employee 2 started in 2001. I want to calculate there total years so employee 1 would be at 17 years and employee 2 at 10 years and have it calculate each year. How do I create that formula. Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Depending on how your start date is stored, you can do a couple things.

Year(Get(CurrentDate)) - Year(empStartDay) - This works if the empStartDay is a date field or a timestamp field.

Year(Get(CurrentDate)) - Year(GetasDate(empStartDay)) - This works if the empStartDay is a text field, depending on format.

This topic is 4844 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.