sub summary problem

Reid

This topic is 4796 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I'll do my best to explain my situation. I have a table of records that represent defects based on each job number. So for each job number I could have 5 records linked to that job number describing each defect and the quantity of each one. In order to do defect rates based on job number I have a field called job_qty that looks up the quantity for that job number from the job table.

The problem is that when I go to do a summary that gives the total job_qty the value is incorrect because it adds up each one of the 5 entries as a different value instead of combining them into the same job quantity.

I hope that makes sense. Let me know if I need to explain myself better.

Update:

I just thought of something. Is there a way to to a summary only by unique values? If this was possible it would see that all the values were duplicates and only count the first one.

So, to restate, you have a Job table and related to it by JobID is a Defects table. Each defect record has a JobID, DefectTypeID and a quantity. The Job record has a Job_Qty which is used to compare to the count of defects?

Couldn't this report be created in the Defects table as a sub-summary by Job, Defect Type?

So, to restate, you have a Job table and related to it by JobID is a Defects table. Each defect record has a JobID, DefectTypeID and a quantity. The Job record has a Job_Qty which is used to compare to the count of defects?

Couldn't this report be created in the Defects table as a sub-summary by Job, Defect Type?

Maybe this helps...FMCapture.JPG

You need to divide the overall job_qty by the number of records in the group - see:

http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/60937-sumamary-fields-on-report/

http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/67250-summarizing-a-getsummary-calc/

Thank You Comment! I don't know what we'd do without you!

This topic is 4796 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.