Novice Help for simple search

This topic is 4795 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Can someone please help me? Just started to dig my feet into filemaker and so far I'm impressed. I want a simple find query.

On my main page, I have a blank layout with buttons that say FIND SH. I'd like that button to find in my "Location field" "SH".

I experimented with a script using various ways on the forums... Some worked but the problem is that it never clears the old search. Example: When I click the button FIND SH, it finds SH in the fields. When I go back to the main page and click the button FIND HO, it shows HO and SH. I just want to show HO and NOT SH.

Thanks again for your time!

Can someone please help me? Just started to dig my feet into filemaker and so far I'm impressed. I want a simple find query.

On my main page, I have a blank layout with buttons that say FIND SH. I'd like that button to find in my "Location field" "SH".

I experimented with a script using various ways on the forums... Some worked but the problem is that it never clears the old search. Example: When I click the button FIND SH, it finds SH in the fields. When I go back to the main page and click the button FIND HO, it shows HO and SH. I just want to show HO and NOT SH.

Thanks again for your time!

Add the script "Show All Records" at the beginning of your script.

When I click the button FIND SH, it finds SH in the fields. When I go back to the main page and click the button FIND HO, it shows HO and SH. I just want to show HO and NOT SH.

It sounds like you are using Extend Found Set[] instead of Perform Find[]?

Add the script "Show All Records" at the beginning of your script.

I don't think so.

• Newbies

I think the problem is the Perform Find. When I check the Specify Find Requests, it lists Both SH and HO. The only way so far I've figured out is to delete the offending "SH" but that kills my other script. I don't get this at all.

It sounds as if you do not have a script, you have a button that runs a script step directly. FM is saving your last Find request.

"I have a blank layout with buttons that say FIND SH. I'd like that button to find in my "Location field" "SH"."

Blank layout? On what table is it based? In what table is the Location field?

This topic is 4795 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.