Using Scripts to collect data

This topic is 4783 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have an add new record button on my database which 'forces' users to select a 'Client' and 'Client Contact' before creating a new record to ensure .

The problem is that I have several scripts for this process and am convinced this cannot be the most efficient method.

Script 1 opens the client window

Script 2 is triggered when the user selects the client. It stores the pk_ClientID as a $$variable and then closes the 'Select Client' window and opens the 'Select Contact' window which is filtered based upon the pk_clientID which was selected in the previous step.

Script 3 is triggered when the user selects the contact. It stores the pk_ContactID as $$variable and closes the 'Select Contact' window, creates the new record and 'SetField' for both the pk_ClientID and pk_ContactID and then asks using a Custom Dialog for a job description before entering this to the record also.

Any ideas on making this more efficient. I have heard of pausing scripts for doing this kind of routine but not sure whether it is relevant for this?

Regards,

Simon

Not following where you're going with this and what you're trying to prevent. Maybe this demo is close to the technique you need?

Brilliant ... was able to simplify my scripting and use Pause/Resume Get(ScriptResult) to create a far better solution.

Thanks again ...

Simon

This topic is 4783 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.