Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Pop-up add record portal, hide records already added/selected?

devices99

This topic is 4811 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Booking -< BookingCategories >- Categories

The master record Booking, has a portal for BookingCategories. To add a new BookingCategory I give the user "pop-up" (new window), displaying a portal with all available categories (from table Categories), this has filters for various sub categories and enables a selection to be added to the main record (each main record could have between 5 and 10 categories). This works well and looks great. Obviously the pop-up portal and filter layout aren't directly related to the master records, they show all items available (based on additional TOs). When a use clicks the required Category in the popup, a script then adds this to the master records Category Portal.

When a category is added from the portal pop-up, I'd ideally like it to be hidden from the pop-up for that mast booking record, so that it's easy for the user to see what is left, and not to accidentally add two of the same category. Essentially to the user I'd like them to see the record "moving" from the main popup list to the actual Booking record (in the BookingCategory portal) they are viewing.

I've tried this in vain without success via relationships, the only way I can see to accomplish this is to generate a temporary "AllCategories" table used when the popup is called, and then records removed from this temp table when they are added to the main record.

I've added a few tweaks to the test, and have it also working for none selected (sample doesn't) and seems ok, although still need to move to a new-window popup. However, the only way I can get it reliably working is to call a refresh after each addition/deletion (otherwise the results don't update), which does make the display flicker.

Any tips to get around this?

(My current thought is to have a selected box, and then add/remove the selected items in a batch, to refresh the screen once, but this is just getting around the screen flicker issue - ideally users want to add, review and add/remove again per category)

have it also working for none selected (sample doesn't)

It's an old file and rules have changed:

http://fmforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51074&view=findpost&p=266667

I thought the screen flicker on Windows was solved in version 11. In any case, the window must be refreshed because one relationship depends on the results of another. I believe LaRetta posted some tips about reworking your layout to minimize the flicker.

This topic is 4811 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.