Newbie needing some help

back2k5

This topic is 4798 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi Everyone-

Im new to the forum and to Filemaker. I've read many posts on here which have really helped me but Im stuck on this one. Im hoping I can get some help from you all, please forgive me for I am just learning this program.

This is what I want to do:

I want create a material requisition form for work. It really doesnt need to be that complicated. I have put in the order number, current date, due date, and customer name which will all be entered each time I need the form since we dont manage our customers on FM. Thats all fine but I run into a problem trying to create line items for the different materials I need for that particular order. I've attempted to create a related table and create the line items though the portal but I get the error "This field cannot be modified until <fieldname> if given a valid value" everytime I try to create a record. I have a vague understanding of why this occurs but since I am inexperienced with databases and FM I have no idea how to fix it.

I imagine that what I am trying to attempt isn't at all difficult for anyone with experience so Im hoping you all can show me the light. (screenshot attached)

I appreciate any help I can get

Thanks,

Lee

fm help.jpg

This topic is 4798 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.