fields a\nd subtitles not aligned

stevebull

This topic is 4798 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I have a problem with the fields and adjacent subtitles on the layout when I print out a report from Filemaker.

It seems that whilst the layouts all look aligned and neat, when I print out the actual report, a subtitle and corresponding field seem ever so slightly misaligned. I have been through the sliding menus but this just does not seem to do anything and I still have the same issue. Does any one have any idea on how I can tie together both the subtitle and field so that they are always aligned horizontally. It just look a bit unprofessional and messy at the moment!

Thanks

If the labels are being created automatically they should be aligned automatically. Although, FM does align based on the text basline, so it could be due to the fonts selected when adding a field. With that said the only suggestion I would have is to check the layout in the preview mode and see how it looks there. Otherwise you just need to make slight adjustments to all the labels manually. Just select all of the labels and make the fine adjustment using the arrow keys.

Pasted in data can have a different font than the field has as it attribute. If this is a problem, there are ways to fix them.

Without seeing the file, or the layout, have you used the T-Squares?

HTH

Lee

This topic is 4798 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.