Need help with a complicated portal.

This topic is 4776 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have two tables: clients and employees

Employees have designated titles, Account Executive (AE), Account Director (AD) and so on.

Clients are assigned up to two employees per employee title.

So CLIENT A has two slots for AE, two for AD and so on.

Clients also have hours assigned (per month) for each employee and hours worked for each employee.

So for CLIENT A, JOHN SMITH (an AE) is assigned 20 hours per month and has so far worked 16. MARY JOHNSON (an AD) is assigned 38 hours and has worked 21. And so on.

Make sense so far? God, I hope so.

Within the employees table, I have an ACCOUNTS tab that contains a portal listing every client to which the current employee is assigned. This relationship is achieved via a serial ID field in the employees table and a multiline calc in the clients table. (The multiline calc lists the record ID of each employee assigned to the client.)

Now the question: In this portal, I'd like to show, for each client, the current employee's assigned hours and worked hours. Is this possible?

Attached is a screen shot of the clients table, to give you an idea of how it's set up.

1203034622_HrVfe-X3.jpg

In this portal, I'd like to show, for each client, the current employee's assigned hours and worked hours. Is this possible?

No. I suggest you use a join table to assign employees to clients. In this table, note the role of the employee and the amount of assigned hours.

I would use yet another table to record the hours worked.

No. I suggest you use a join table to assign employees to clients. In this table, note the role of the employee and the amount of assigned hours.

I would use yet another table to record the hours worked.

I wish I could use a join table, but other factors required that I set it up like this.

Time is indeed logged in a separate table. It's totaled by client in the Clients table, though.

This topic is 4776 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.