Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Security and External Authentication

This topic is 4427 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I've seemingly been successful at pulling in log in authentication from an external server. However, I don't seem to find a way to translate external groups into file security groups. I.E. On an AD server, if I have a group called Sales, there doesn't seem to be a way to add the Sales group inside DocuBin for file permissions. Am I missing something or is this a planned feature?

Thanks

DocuBin supports two externally authenticated groups: docubinuser and docubinadmin. Add these two groups to your AD server, and the Sales group to whichever DocuBin group works best for you. The main difference is admins can manage other users, and upload folders to the root level of DocuBin.

• Newbies

Michael,

I understand that and have done so. (Actually, I created a the DocuBin groups as container group in AD and added the needed groups to the DocuBin groups. It's worked well.) However, that is for application authentication, and does not apply to file permissions whatsoever. Therefore, I have to duplicate group administration efforts. Once on the server for other pieces, and a second time inside Docubin. How do I do away with such duplication of efforts? From the FileMaker documentation it seems that FileMaker can read from the AD for such purposes beyond initial application authentication, if the app is programmed that way. Does what I am describing make sense? Is it possible right now? If it's not, is it in the roadmap?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This topic is 4427 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.