Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Get File As Container

Guest sentis1

This topic is 4802 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Guest sentis1

I'm writing a server-side script using ScriptMaster on FMSA11 OSX to download an image from an arbitrary URL & store in a container field, then crop it & create thumbnails, and store these in a container field.

Everything is working great EXCEPT…

Get File As Container isn't working, either client- or server-side. I've confirmed that the file path and the image files themselves are valid.

I re-downloaded a fresh copy of the ScriptMaster example file and I'm finding that even the simple example of Get File As Container isn't working. The function returns "?" as the container result, and the output variable "fileExists" returns "ERROR". The expected file (in this case Clown Fish.jpg) does exist in the location specified in the "pathToFile" input parameter. Substituting other known images doesn't make any difference in the results.

Is this a known error? Or is this possibly caused by the recent OSX Java update?

As a work-around, does anyone know of a server-side compatible method of getting an image file into a container field (either directly or via the OSX clipboard?). I've tried bash's pbcopy, but this pulls the image file as text.

Thanks…

Brian

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

brian schick

developer

b e e z w a x

www.beezwax.net

510 516 0055  direct

888 835 4483  main

screen 2011-03-12 at 11.53.33   Mar 12.png

I just tested this function on Windows Vista with ScriptMaster 4.12, and it worked for me. This makes me think it's likely caused by the OSX Java update, as you thought.

Possible alternate method:

If you can get the image as base64, you should be able to use ScriptMasters 'Base64 Decode to Binary' function to convert it back into an image again.

Guest sentis1

I've confirmed that it is indeed the recent Java updater that breaks this function. Testing identical code on machines with and without updaters, Get File as Container fails with the Java update, but works as expected for non-updated systems

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

brian schick

developer

b e e z w a x

www.beezwax.net

510 516 0055  direct

888 835 4483  main

Guest sentis1

Thanks Dan,

I'm getting by with convincing the client to avoid the evil java update. But that's very good to know : )

Thanks Dan,

I'm getting by with convincing the client to avoid the evil java update. But that's very good to know : )

I just tried the 'Get File As Container' and it worked OK for me. I have the latest Java update 24:

java version "1.6.0_24"

Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07-334-10M3326)

Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 19.1-b02-334, mixed mode)

jesse:~ jesse$

Be sure that you're using ScriptMaster 4.121 or later, there was an issue introduced in 4.12 (and fixed in 4.121) which might be causing this problem.

Guest sentis1

Be sure that you're using ScriptMaster 4.121 or later, there was an issue introduced in 4.12 (and fixed in 4.121) which might be causing this problem.

Thank you, Jesse. I'd missed the 4.121 update, and was using v 4.12 as you suggested.

This is now working once again on my Snow Leopard mac with the Java update. Thanks again for your help : )

- Brian

This topic is 4802 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.