Scribe Error with Word tables

This topic is 4767 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

When I try to extract fields that are in a table inside Word with Scribe I get an Error message 'Cannot resolve value for tag:...'.

Trying to write to fields inside a Word table corrupts the Word document. Word says it has problem with the content.

I can't see anything in the forum or documentation to say you can't do this.

Are tables not supported in Word by Scribe?

Screen shot 2011-03-23 at 6.30.46 PM.png

Scribe supports reading from .doc files with ScribeFileAsText and .docx files with ScribeDocReadValue, ScribeDocSubstitute and ScribeFileAsText. ScribeDocReadValue and ScribeDocWriteValue will allow you to write to/from text content control fields but not to table cells at this time (like you can with .xlsx documents). What function are you calling to write to the cells in your table?

I'm using .docx files. I'm using your 'How to use Scribe' document, which is using ScribeDocReadValue and ScribeDocWriteValue.

Will this be an option is a release soon? Could you add to your documentation that Word tables are not included? (It took me a day to trouble shoot this.)

It also seems to not work on tags in text boxes.

Does it only work on the default body of the Word document?

Is there any way to make it work with a layout that looks like a form/table in Word?

For the readvalue I'm passing the name of the field to extract. The field name comes from the tag in the .docx file and can be verified by using ScribeDocListFields.

The writevalue passes the field name and value to write into that field.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not able to reproduce this in my test in. I have been able to successfully write to a text content control field in a table. Could you upload or email me a document in which the write is failing for you?

I have been able to reproduce the issue of reading from a content control field in a table and will look into this issue. So far I have not been able to reproduce a problem with writing to a content control field in a table.

This topic is 4767 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.