Server Maintenance This Week. ×

List of documents

AdmSvcs

This topic is 4763 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I would like to create a list of documents (within an established database), similar to what would be seen in Excel, as follows: the first column would be dates, the second the name of the document (hyperlinked to the corresponding file on my machine) and the third column would be a memo field. See attached image. Can I do that in FMP? I would like the list to be sorted by date, if possible. Thank you, Norm

• Newbies

No image?

This seems to be just a standard FM list view?

Geeeeesh! I apologize for not including the attachment. In this reply you will find the one that I omitted and one other. Please look at the PSA attachment and locate the tab with the same label. My wish is to include a list of events, with their corresponding dates, like the one in the list attachment and place the list on the PSA tab. I am hoping to be able to export the contents of the date and event fields for the purpose of mail merging. Also, please notice that the events are hyperlinked to documents that live on my local machine. Thank you for your help!! Norm

PSA.JPG

List.JPG

• Newbies

Do you mean something like the attached where you have a list in a portal [on your image PSA tab] and another simple list layout?

PERFECT!!! How do I replicate what you have done?

Blessings,

Norm

My wish is to include a list of events, with their corresponding dates, like the one in the list attachment and place the list on the PSA tab. I am hoping to be able to export the contents of the date and event fields for the purpose of mail merging. Also, please notice that the events are hyperlinked to documents that live on my local machine.

How do I replicate what you have done?

I really can't add anything extra to what's in the file that was attached - which includes your requirements above (except exporting the records) and which is quite easy to replicate - without knowing what you need, and what you have now.

I assume that you have at least 3 tables already? - one for student details, one for the document containers and one for memos related to the various documents (or is there just one memo per document?)

• Newbies

I really can't add anything extra to what's in the file that was attached - which includes your requirements above (except exporting the records) and which is quite easy to replicate - without knowing what you need, and what you have now.

I assume that you have at least 3 tables already? - one for student details, one for the document containers and one for memos related to the various documents (or is there just one memo per document?)

The Contact Template was used as a starting point. I click on edit layout to try and determine what you did and I am blocked. Did you insert a table? I don't understand. Do you want to be paid?

No, I most certainly do not want to be paid!

You cannot edit the layout because it is your uploaded image in an earlier post that I have used as a background for my file. If, in layout mode, you click on the image in my file and delete it you will see that there is only one field and a portal on the layout.

If you are using the Contact Management template then this has 2 tables - contacts and notes. To replicate my file you will need to add another table - for the document containers.

This topic is 4763 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.