Server Maintenance This Week. ×

fmpro.evaluateSql limitations

This topic is 4766 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

All,

We ran a sql call that selected two fields from a table "SELECT CATEGORY, AMOUNT FROM TABLE" where the table had 135K+ records in it. FileMaker unexpectedly quit during the evaluation of the function call. It was a function that was in a plugin that was created via ScriptMaster Advanced. The function works for all other sql queries (it basically just returns the value from fmpro.evaluateSql ( sql ; field_seperator ; row_seperator) ).

The ScriptMaster logs show the function being called, but there is no information after that in the log.

We ran the same sql query through a different plugin and the query took awhile, but did successfully return. We put the text returned in a text file and it was 5.8MB total.

Not sure what the problem is, but it seems there's some sort of return limitation with the SQL query function that is in ScriptMaster where there wasn't in the other plugin.

Do you guys have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Court,

What version of ScripMaster are you currently using? I think there was an issue similar to this with an older version of the plugin, but this should be resolved in the latest build which is 4.123.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

We were using version 4.12 so to test I downloaded 4.123, rebuilt the plugin, and tried it again and it crashed the same as before.

I also tried running it directly through scriptmaster, rather than in the seperate plugin we built, however it still crashed FileMaker...

Court

I think the plugin is running out of memory with your large result and the simple fmpro.executesql function call. Can you send me a file to try and reproduce this on?

You may want to try to increase the amount of memory that the plugin is using. Directions to do this are available at

http://wo.360works.com/cgi-bin/support/productsupport.cgi/Heapspace_Out_of_Memory_Error

Sure, do you want me to email it? and if so to what address?

Court

I think the plugin is running out of memory with your large result and the simple fmpro.executesql function call. Can you send me a file to try and reproduce this on?

You may want to try to increase the amount of memory that the plugin is using. Directions to do this are available at

http://wo.360works.com/cgi-bin/support/productsupport.cgi/Heapspace_Out_of_Memory_Error

This topic is 4766 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.