Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Report based on multiple tables

nealperk

This topic is 4764 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Is there someone willing to help me figure a solution to get a report designed like the one I have attached. It is based on 4 tables and needs to be easily produced every day by novice users. It is a daily job sheet for my crew. The description field in the JobLineItems table is sometimes lengthy so I am trying to base the layout on this table so I can incorporate sliding. When I try to use the Jobs (parent table) with a portal based on JobLineItems I have to make ALL of the rows extra large to anticipate only a few lengthy descriptions. Other problems are how to easily produce the essential criteria for the report which is the SheduleDate field, ScheduleFrom field, ScheduleTo field. I am trying to switch over from Access/SQLServer but I am finding the lack of direct manipulation of data sources to be very frustrating.

Is there anyone that can help?

Thanks - I have attached a sample report that I designed in Word.JobsheetExample.pdf

You should be printing a list from the JobLineItems time, sorted and sub-summarized by:

• Jobs::ScheduleTimeFrom

• JobsID (assuming some jobs can be concurrent)

needs to be easily produced every day by novice users

That shouldn't be an issue: create a script that goes to the report layout, finds the line items for today (or any other day), sorts them and prints. Then all they need to do is press a button (and optionally supply a date).

• Newbies

You should be printing a list from the JobLineItems time, sorted and sub-summarized by:

• Jobs::ScheduleTimeFrom

• JobsID (assuming some jobs can be concurrent)

That shouldn't be an issue: create a script that goes to the report layout, finds the line items for today (or any other day), sorts them and prints. Then all they need to do is press a button (and optionally supply a date).

I have tried that, but when I first browse the report it looks ok - then when I do a find based on the scheduleddate field the fields dissapear from the subsummary part leaving only the body and header showing. Is there anyway for me to send the file so you can check it out.

This topic is 4764 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.