SuperContainer style question

This topic is 4664 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a web viewer setup following the directions at 360works.com:

"http://yourServer.com:8020/SuperContainer/Files/Asset/" & myTable::ID

Uploading/downloading files is works like a charm.

I'm trying to customize some of SuperContainers appearance. My formatting of the web address in the web viewer doesn't seem to work:

"http://yourServer.com:8020/SuperContainer/Files/Asset/" & myTable::ID?style=nopreview

The example already accounts for the name uploaded being in the path. how do you account for that when there is a calculation in the path name?

You need to use quotations for the last part again, since it's a literal string and not a table name or function.

"http://yourServer.com:8020/SuperContainer/Files/Asset/" & myTable::ID & "?style=nopreview"

• 2 months later...

I tried using this, and it is making me enter authentication

http://yourServer.com:8020/SuperContainer/Files/Asset/" & myTable::ID & "?style=nopreview" & "?username=myuser&password=mypass"

Thanks for all your help!

You need to use quotations for the last part again, since it's a literal string and not a table name or function.

"http://yourServer.com:8020/SuperContainer/Files/Asset/" & myTable::ID & "?style=nopreview"

Your URL is incorrect. You can only have one question mark per set or URL parameters. You also don't need to separate it into two different sets of strings

It should be:

"?style=nopreview&username=myuser&password=mypass"

Thank You. It works, but I am still getting the UPLOAD FILE button; which I would like to suppress. I am trying to just view the image, and if 1 isn't there I don't want user to see dialogue.

Thanks!

Your URL is incorrect. You can only have one question mark per set or URL parameters. You also don't need to separate it into two different sets of strings

It should be:

"?style=nopreview&username=myuser&password=mypass"

"?style=nopreview+readonly&username=myuser&password=mypass"

Using nopreview will stop them from seeing the preview image, though, so if your objective is to only have them view an image you will want to remove the nopreview url parameter.

"?style=readonly&username=myuser&password=mypass"

That was awesome...Thanks!

[

By the way, can you trap to see if there is an image in viewer?

Thanks

You would probably want to use the companion plugin scgetinfo function to see if there is a file at a particular URL. This function will return the name, size, and date of the file if there is one, and will return blank if there is no file present.

There are installation instructions in the documentation.html file in the SuperContainer Companion Plugin directory which comes with your download.

The regular supercontainer documentation.html file also explains all of these URL parameters and how to format them, so I recommend reading through that as well.

• 3 weeks later...

When I shrink down the web viewer the scroll bars maintain their proportions and look ghetto in a list view. How can I just have a preview and get rid of scroll bars?

I am using :

Actually I think it's fine. Looks good on web.

Thanks

"?style=nopreview+readonly&username=myuser&password=mypass"

Using nopreview will stop them from seeing the preview image, though, so if your objective is to only have them view an image you will want to remove the nopreview url parameter.

Do you know how to hide user/pass in URL?

Thanks!

When I shrink down the web viewer the scroll bars maintain their proportions and look ghetto in a list view. How can I just have a preview and get rid of scroll bars?

I am using :

Actually I think it's fine. Looks good on web.

Thanks

The best option is to not display the URL on your layout so that they don't see what is loading in there. It isn't possible to include the username and password as URL parameters and not have the URL visible to be traced to see what is being displayed when your users are using IWP.

This topic is 4664 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.