Server Maintenance This Week. ×

email a record

keesvangeel

This topic is 8445 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

quote:

Originally posted by keesvangeel:

Could any tell me if it is possible to send a record as an email just as it looks on a specific layout.It looks to me as it must be possible because you can print a record so why not email in stead of printing?

The only way I can think of doing this would be to print the record in PDF format, and email the PDF document.

Chuck

"... you can print a record so why not email in stead of printing?..."

Because e-mail is text only. You can send the text contained in the record in an e-mail message (look at the SendMail script step) but it is difficult to apply simple formatting to e-mail, let alone make it look like a graphical layout.

One option is to use the Custom Web Sharing feature and e-mail a link that points to the record in a web-shared database. A lo of work thought, and even then the page's appearance will be limited to html formatting constraints.

• Newbies

quote:

Originally posted by keesvangeel:

Could any tell me if it is possible to send a record as an email just as it looks on a specific layout.It looks to me as it must be possible because you can print a record so why not email in stead of printing?

Another way is to capture the screen as a jpeg or gif file and email as an attachement, but you are limited to the size showing on the screen. PDF file is the best option and you can really utilize colors to make the report look great.

• 4 months later...
  • Newbies

I do have one question though - when I go to preview mode - it previews the first record being browsed not the current record. We are using this in a quoting application and everytime a call comes to us we just make another record. Is there a way to just preview the current record or script away the other records being browsed then copy the preview?

thanks

This topic is 8445 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.