First day of current month & year

This topic is 4756 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I think I found an answer posted by Mr. Lee Smith to my question below. I took his example and had to rework it a little but I think it is doing what I need.

The end result I came up with is ( Month(Get(CurrentDate)) & "/" & 1 & "/" & Year(Get(CurrentDate)))

Will this search for the first day of the current month of the current year?

Thanks.

B.H.

How do I format a calculation which will search for the first day of the current month and the current year.

I have an attendance card for all of our scouts and they have a start date field, which of course is the first day of the current month and the current year.

So if I executed a script today it would find all my records which would have the start date for the current month, and the first day and the current year.

I have looked in the date section of the calculations but I dont really understand them all yet.

Thanks,

B.H.

P.S. I graduate next month if anyone wants to send some cash. It never hurts to ask :)

I have an attendance card for all of our scouts and they have a start date field, which of course is the first day of the current month and the current year.

I see nothing that is "of course" about this. On the contrary, it makes no sense: "the first day of the current month" is the same for everyone on this planet. It can be calculated as =

Get ( CurrentDate ) - Day ( Get ( CurrentDate ) ) + 1

I see nothing that is "of course" about this. On the contrary, it makes no sense: "the first day of the current month" is the same for everyone on this planet. It can be calculated as =

Get ( CurrentDate ) - Day ( Get ( CurrentDate ) ) + 1

Thank you for your reply, I apologize if I did not post correctly as I get an indication form your reply. I have only been working with this project for about two weeks and I just do not know all the terms yet.

I have started an attendance roster for each member of our scout troop and it starts off listing the start of the week (this is a date field and when you enter the first day of the month and year all repeating fields are populated with a day and date) with day 1 of the current month and continues on listing each day until the end of the month.

I have adapted my project from one provide on the disk that came with our copy of FileMaker. Capture.JPG

I thought the easiest way for me to search for all record would be to tell the search to find all records for the current month / day 1 / current year.

I was just kind of excited that I found a possible solution to my own question.

Brandon

I have adapted my project from one provide on the disk that came with our copy of FileMaker.

Which one? I thought they have eliminated all repeating fields from the included templates in version 11. In any case, you're off on the wrong foot, I'm sorry to say. Instead of repeating fields, you should be using related records in another table - one record for each person's absence (or attendance).

The file I had was an old one with I think a copy of filemaker that was version 8? and it was a time clock example. We used this in a computer class I had. It was one of the first filemaker projects I played with and I had a copy of that file on my computer so I thought it would be a good solution for my attendance tracker since I had a basic understanding of how it functioned.

We have recently purchased a new version of filemaker at home which we are all trying to learn, and It seemed to open up without any issues in the latest version of filemaker we have which is 11 and is the advanced version.

I do not need anything fancy just something to show a date range (the current month) and some way to show that the scout was at the meeting or an event for that day or was not there.

We are going out today to try and find a good filemaker book which hopefully will have some good examples of what we need to do.

B.H.

This topic is 4756 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.