WAN access

This topic is 4755 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

I have a requirement for someone to remotely access a database that I am hosting to view several reports. I have been allocated a fixed external IP address and use a manually selected internal IP address behind my router but I can still not access the file with "Open Remote" The set up is:

Filemaker Pro 11 Advanced

Mac OS X 10.6.6

External IP 41.0.30.116

Filemaker see's my IP as 10.0.1.2; 10.0.1.2; for some reason, as far as I am aware it is 10.0.1.2

Router IP Address 10.0.101.20

Router Address 10.0.101.1

Open Ports: 5003

I have Filemaker Pro set to allow incoming connections in my firewall

If I open remote from within my ISP's network by putting in fmnet:/41.0.30.116/<filename> it works ok but if I try from outside that network I get an error message that says "The server is Not Responding".

What am I doing wrong ?

First look at your System prefs/ network settings and check that the Host machine has the IP address that you expect.

Then on the router you need to forward all requests to 41.0.30.116 0n port 5003 to the Host IP address.

I notice that you have two IP addresses for routers unless you are bridging two networks or doing something unusual this looks very suspect.

I just pinged 41.0.30.116 and was able to reach it, so it is available on the internet.

Hope this helps

Vin.

First look at your System prefs/ network settings and check that the Host machine has the IP address that you expect.

Then on the router you need to forward all requests to 41.0.30.116 0n port 5003 to the Host IP address.

I notice that you have two IP addresses for routers unless you are bridging two networks or doing something unusual this looks very suspect.

I just pinged 41.0.30.116 and was able to reach it, so it is available on the internet.

Hope this helps

Vin.

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for your response. The Network Settings gives the correct IP (10.0.1.2) but I can find no facility to forward to this address on my Time Capsule. I think that the two IP addresses on the router are the WAN address and the LAN address and I think my ISP has forwarded the 41.0 address to the WAN port. I do not understand the FMP network IP address though, why would it show twice. I have attached screenshots..

Archive.zip

Sorry Vincent,

I have found the port mapping section of the router and it is set as follows:

Public UDP Ports 5003

Public TCP Ports 5003

Private IP Address 10.0.1.2

Private UDP Ports 5003

Private TCP Ports 5003

Does this look correct

This topic is 4755 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.