export a record as jpeg

This topic is 8374 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

quote:

Originally posted by teh_kok_keong:

heloo,

is there any one know how can we export a record and then save it as a jpeg file

please help

thank u

teh_kok_keong,

Is this something you want to do often or just a 'once in awhile' thing? Cause there are a number of ways to do this. One easy way would be to print preview the record, copy and then paste in your graphics program (it will paste as a picture). Could you be more specific as to what you want to do? Also, what platform you are using (Mac or PC)?

actually i'm working on a project to email a record from filemaker pro, so ever since we can just simply "send" a record, so i'm thinking of exporting my record as some other format file and then send it as attachment.

i'm doing this often and the solution should be user friendly, for example like one button click and everything is done.

quote:

Originally posted by teh_kok_keong:

actually i'm working on a project to email a record from filemaker pro, so ever since we can just simply "send" a record, so i'm thinking of exporting my record as some other format file and then send it as attachment.

i'm doing this often and the solution should be user friendly, for example like one button click and everything is done.

Why can't you simply just email the entire record from Filemaker. It should allow you to. Unless you want to send it looking exactly like it appears in the selected layout. Please clarify. smile.gif" border="0

If you are using Windows, I have used this method:

Create 4 scripts:

script 1 to create a clone (no records) of the file - so the layouts, etc are the same. I name it mailfile.fp5.

Script 2 to create a found set with just the current record and export the record to a filemaker file. I name it maildata.fp5.

Script 3 to import the maildata.fp5 data. (This will be invoked only in the clone.

Script 4 to call script 1, script 2, and then [external==mailfile.fp5-script 3], then attach mailfile.fp5 to an email message.

[if you really want to get fancy, you can even use a global or calculation field to setup a BATch file or CMD command to delete the mailfile.fp5 and maildata.fp5 files after sending your email]

This will also work for a MAC ( creating the mailfile.fp5 and maildata.fp5 files) except it will not create the email message unless you use a mail plug in.

[ June 01, 2001: Message edited by: dykstrl ]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I print to PDF and attach, since virtually all users can handle (open, print) these.

It's also easy on a Mac to take a screen shot and use Graphic Converter or similar to convert to jpeg. I think you could easily set up a drag-and-drop script to do this conversion for you. Realize, though, that many users don't know what to do with a jpeg!

Another favorite of mine is to print-to-fax. With the right fax driver, just choose the fax as your printer and send it. It's not e-mail, but it's fast and easy.

• Newbies

I forgot to mention something in my earlier post: Don't forget that FM can send Applescript commands from within FM scripts. So a one-click solution is quite plausible. Hit the button, print or create a single-record clone (as others have detailed), attach to an e-mail and send it. I think this is all possible with applescript, possibly without leaving FM scripts.

Has anybody already written such a script? Please share!

This topic is 8374 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.