plugin deployment

This topic is 4567 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I have SuperContainer installed on my remote FMS server (using installer.jar) and things are working nicely with the regular features (without plugin)on my hosted database. I have a standard license.

I would like to utilize the plugin for its scriptable functions. These would be triggered by user interaction on remote client machines with the database hosted on the FMS, rather than scheduled server scripts.

To utilize the plugin functions, should I install the plugin on each client's FMPro or should I install it on the FMServer, or both?

Aplogies for my ignorance!

Thanks

Guy

• 5 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am investigating SC and would like to know if it's possible to install the plugin on the FMS only. I anticipate scripting upload and download. Is a client plug-in required?

Hey Bcooney,

Yes, as stated by Ocean West, the client plugin would be required for SuperContainer. The SuperContainer Companion plugin needs to be installed on every system that will be using the SC Companion scripting functions.

Hope this makes sense and answers your question,

- Obinna Oparah

Developer, 360works

If you have a lot of machines that would need to install the plugin you may want to use auto-update to automatically install it on your clients when they connect to your database. We have instructions for setting this up on your server or using our server for autoupdate at http://360works.com/autoupdate.

I am aware of auto-update. It's just we are trying very hard to move plugins to the server. We're evaluating SC for a project, but this point conflicts with that goal. However, I'm hoping that the functionality without the plugin will suffice for our needs.

Briefly, what can't I do without the plugin? Seems that I'll be able to upload and download via a webviewer. That should be enough. Can I capture a file name?

• 2 weeks later...

The plugin's scgetinfo function will grab file information, such as the file name. It would be possible to run a server scheduled script to get this information and store it in a field if you wanted to update filenames nightly, for example. The plugin functions are all detailed in the plugin's documentation.html file that came with the download, if you would like to look through that for details.

This topic is 4567 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.