Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SQL Server 2008 External Data Source

This topic is 4722 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This is regarding a server (Server A) running Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 and FileMaker Server 10 Advanced

I have a FM database hosted on Server A that connects to two different SQL Server 2005 databases on Server B, no problems.

One of those databases has been migrated to a SQL Server 2008 installation on Server C.

Created a new ODBC source on Server A to see the database on Server C. Tested the connection in Control Panel Data Sources, it works.

Next, I set up an new External Data Source on my FM database to point to Server C. When I set up a new table instance in FM and point it to the new data source, my credentials fail.

However, when I instead make a new FM file on my workstation (running Filemaker Advanced 11) and connect to the database on Server C, I have no problem. Likewise, no problem doing this on another workstation running FileMaker Pro 9. I'm using the same credentials in all of these cases.

At this point, the only possibility I have in mind is that the SQL Server driver that Server A is using is too old (will support SQL Server 2005 but not 2008). Does my situation fit that possibility? And if so, where can I find an updated driver?

Thanks in advance.

This topic is 4722 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.