Server Maintenance This Week. ×

AppleScript timing

This topic is 4699 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been developing a script that employs a couple of small AppleScripts to drive 'manage layouts' actions within FileMaker that are not currently scripted (pushing the boundaries a bit again)! The process is to duplicate a layout and rename it, storing the layout details (ID & name) in a table list of all the layouts.

The problem I have is that the script I have written runs perfectly step-by-step in the debugger, but usually fails* if I let it run through normally. Even if I put great pauses between each step in the script it still fails.

The problem seems to be down to any scripting that I place after running the first AppleScript. Without any complex steps after the AppleScript it works, so I split the script into two parts A & B (enclosed) and trigger A and then trigger B, they then work perfectly. If I place a Perform Script B step at the end of A, then it fails before it has even completely script A.

Any ideas?

I have heard there are some issues with FileMaker running scripts asynchronously in FM11, but had not expected it to have issues with the order in which it runs script steps. The AppleScripting seems to be able to predict what is coming and fail accordingly!

Thanks in advance for any contributions

Anatole

* The failure of the script occurs in the first AppleScript where a layout is duplicated - this fails to happen.

Enclosure: Script A (DUPE simple), Script B (DUPE simple continued)

myLAYOUTS.pdf

This topic is 4699 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.