Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FTPeek and SuperContainer

This topic is 4697 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Do you have any example files of FTPeek working with SuperContainer? The FTPeek site states this.

For example I'd like to drag some large files on to a SuperContainer web object. SuperContainer will automatically compress the files and store them. I then want FTPeek to FTP the zipped file to a predefined website.

Can this all happen from just simply dragging the files onto the SC web object?

thanks,

andrew

You can't trigger all this to happen automatically from dragging and dropping, but you could do it with a script.

You would use scgetcontainer to download the file from supercontainer, and then use FTPeek_UploadFile to upload the zip to your FTP server.

What is the best way to get the script to trigger when they drop files on tho the SuperContainer object or after it has been uploaded to the SC server?

My main aim is to get the group of files to be zipped by SC and then FTPed. (The file could be deleted after successfully FTPed.)

you could do the whole thing very easily using a script, but it is not possible to trigger the script on drag-and-drop. If you use a script you would give them a file chooser dialog box and then everything would be done automatically once they select their file.

SuperContainer will only zip a single directory that is uploaded. Using supercontainer for zip functionality, uploading and downloading files unnecessarily, probably isn't the best way to handle zipping files. You may want to ask your users to zip files before transferring them, or check and make sure that they are uploading a file ending in .zip in your FTP script. If you would like for them to select a directory or a group of files we can make a custom plugin for you that will allow you to do this. ScriptMaster also has a module to zip files, but this will only work on individual files, not directories or groups of files.

Send me an email with what you would like to be able to zip and I can get you a quote for the development.

This topic is 4697 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.