Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Adding Count Functionality to Menus

This topic is 4641 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

I'm trying to work out if this is possible at all, so any tips or points would be great!

I have a task table as part of a bigger procurement system.

Within this tast table, tasks are assigned to usernames of the various logins to the system so Admin, Dan, Rachel etc.

I have used my own custom menu set, which has a item called 'Tasks' which when clicked pops up the task manager layout in a new window.

What I now want to do is change the item's label from 'Tasks' to 'Tasks (5)' where the 5 figure is actually a count of how many matching records for that loged in user are found in the tasks table.

So firstly is this possible (and how)?

And then can you put extra limits on it, so it can only count the records for that user with a certain status?

I haven't seen this done before, so wasn't sure if it was possible at all.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Dan

• 1 month later...

Parrt of the custom menu system is that you can change the name of a menu command to whatever you want. As this is specified though the usual calculation interface, This will function in context so if your menu item could be defined as "&Tasks (" & get(foundcount) & ")" for example, which would give the Tasks (5) item name.

The problem with this is that the name does not change dynamically unless you switch layouts, so if the number of found records changes, the menu item will remain unchanged. Perhaps you can get round this by setting up a script that freezes the window, goes to another layout and then back to the current layout. If you attached this to the onRecordLoad event I think it would work

HTH

Brian

This topic is 4641 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.