Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Editing Emails Before Sending

This topic is 4681 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Using the built-in Filemaker Send Mail function in conjunction with Outlook, users are able to edit emails before they are sent. This is useful to us since many of our emails are templates that the user needs to fill out with information.

We're looking to gain HTML and multiple attachment functionality with this plugin. Are we able to maintain the same experience of being able to edit the email within Outlook before sending or do we have to do a "blind send" (i.e. just send the material through SMTP when the script completes with no ability to edit). I know I could setup an email editing space/field within FM, but I would prefer not to do that.

Thanks.

There isn't a way to open the email in a mail client, unfortunately. Your only option would be to do as you mentioned and set up some sort of editing field in filemaker which you would use in a script before you send the email off.

Just so you know, something you might want to look into is the getascss filemaker function. Using this you could have your users type into a text field and then their text including formatting could be turned into usable HTML using the getascss function, which you could use as the majority of the body of your email. This might be a good solution for you.

This topic is 4681 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.