Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filemaker access to SQLite using ODBC

This topic is 4210 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello, I would like to interact with SQLite databases to/from Filemaker Pro 11 for Mac using ODBC. Actual Technologies has told me that their drivers work for MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, but not for SQLite, and that the solution from their viewpoint is for Filemaker users to lobby Filemaker to allow this functionality. Does anyone have thoughts about this?

Thanks,

It is true that FileMaker "External SQL Sources" (ESS) does not currently support SQLite. You will get a "database not supported" error if you try to add a SQLite database to your FM Relationships graph.

However you can still read and write data from FM to SQLite (and other databases) using the "Import Records" and "Execute SQL" script steps. You just have to construct the correct SQL statements (SELECT / INSERT / UPDATE / DELETE) to be executed by SQLite.

Jonathan Monroe

Actual Technologies - ODBC for Mac OS X

http://www.actualtech.com

• 1 year later...

Jonathan: I'm trying to do just that using your open source driver. No matter what I do FileMaker prompts me for a username and password, which SQLite doesn't feature. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong please? I'm using FMPA 12v3 on OSX 10.6.8 and the SQLite database is one of those inside the Aperture 3 Library.

Regards

Ian

This topic is 4210 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.