Can I use Filemaker as an email client

This topic is 8432 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

There were some appliscripts floating around the web some years ago that automated the process of importing messages from Eudora's inbox to a FMP database. I never used them and dunno where they are now.

Maybe an alternative might be to set up a "forum" kind of system where people use a web form to post messages directly into the database, rather than using email.

I'm using Filemaker 5 to keep track of a members database. I often need to email these members. Wheras Filemaker's great for sending outgoing mail, I can't figure a way to make it collect incoming mail.

What I'd like to happen is for Filemaker to look through my incoming mail (to Eudora or whatever), check what's in the "from" field, and if this matches the email address of one of the members it should import the email text and headers to an email file (let's call it emails_in.fp5) which is related to members.fp5 on the email address.

I'm sure this must have been done before, and it can't be too hard to achieve what I'm after. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

(running on MacOS 9.1, so an AppleScript solution would be fine).

This topic is 8432 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.