Hiding adress in URL line

This topic is 8411 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

my users on the web first enter their usernames and passwords. if they match with the records in my database they can go other pages. but when they enter their passwords and usernames they are shown on the URL line of the browser. Do you know how can I manage to make them unvisible on URl line ?

thanks in advance

abdulkadir kaplan

quote:

Originally posted by abkaplan:

thanks

but I dont want to use frames for some reasons. I need another solution.

thanks again

Abdulkadir Kaplan.

You can use frame, with 1px size of the other page in frame, left or right or top or bottom.

Or as suggested, use FORMS only.

Anatoli

Thanks I wil try to use the frames as you tell. But I already use forms to test the user name and pasword are correct or not. bu t still they can be seen on th URL line. I thing there is something that I dont understand what you mean by saying use Forms..

thanks for your interest.

abkaplan

Here is some code I use for a login. I use the Javascript to force an entry into the password field. The details do not appear in the URL.

<script language="Javascript">

function ckpw(f) {

with (document.loginfm) {

if ( password.value == "") { password.value = "empty"; }

submit();

}}

</script>

<form action="FMPRO" method="POST" name="loginfm">

<input type="hidden" name="-db" value="users.fp5"><input type="hidden" name="-lay" value="allfields"><input type="hidden" name="-format" value="login_check.html"><input type="hidden" name="-err" value="login.html"><input type="hidden" name="-lop" value="AND">

<input type="hidden" name="-op" value="eq"><input type="text" name="userid" size="24">

<input type="hidden" name="-op" value="eq"><input type="password" name="password" size="24">

<input type="hidden" name="-find"><input type="button" name="-find" value="Login" onclick="ckpw(this);">

when using online forms.

using a method "get" will post all the form data in the URL, which can cause problems for posting usernames and passwords, or can cause problems when posting large amounts of data.

The Post method solves both these problems, it doesn't create a Url, and you can submit much more data.

This is a question that seems to get asked alot, maybe someone should think about putting it into an FAQ or something.

This topic is 8411 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.