CPU Usage Low?

This topic is 4647 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have an application in development that I just moved to a new server. I am developing with the PHP API on FM Server 11.

The server is a Quad Core Xeon 3.3 and is running nothing but FMS11 on 2008R2 Web Server.

When I am retrieving a recordset the CPU barely goes above 27%. When looking at Firebug the largest part of the load time when searching records is about 3-5 seconds for the initial response which corresponds directly with the CPU Usage. This isn't too bad, but the server is under almost no usage. When this goes to production could this 5 seconds into 20 OR does FM use a little more of the processor under heavier loads?? It stands to reason that if FM even went to 50% of the CPU this find would return at least a second or two sooner?

I have set the priority of the process higher in the task manager manually. In the Admin console I allocated the memory to the suggested max of 800MB as there was plenty of available memory (and still is). Is there anything I need to do in IIS to get this faster? The same find using an FM client performs essentially instant. I understand that there are some bottlenecks in the PHP API, but really focus on the CPU issue above. Bottom line is more power (should equal) more speed, so how do I get FMS and/or IIS-PHP-ISAPI to use a little more of the resources available to get the tasks done sooner?

Thanks in advance for any information on the topic!

Where does it say 2008R2 Web is NOT supported? It's basically Standard WITHOUT Active Directory which shouldn't be a problem. I not running on SBS or something where there are a ton of apps. In my IIS installation I didn't install ASP or anything that would even potentially conflict with the PHP engine.

Besides it's not really a "problem" anyway everything works perfectly. Besides, this seems to be the behavior on EVERY OS I have installed FMS on. I just confirmed the same thing on the 2003 Standard server I moved this app from as well as a completely different site with 2003 Standard. The fmserver process peeked at 22% for about 5 seconds, when debugging the page load times with Firebug there was a 5 second delay before the initial response from the server, and then the rest of the page loaded in less than a second.

On the old server I wasn't too concerned because it wasn't very powerful to begin with and I was running some other applications on it that I didn't want to impact. The primary reason to move it to the new server was just so that I could throw the whole machine behind FM. Now it seems that FM won't use the resources available to it.

Other than the setting to cache memory in the Admin console is there no other place to tweak the performance of FM and otherwise control its use of system resources?

This topic is 4647 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.