Printing on Letterhead then Switching Trays

danjacoby

This topic is 8468 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Try splitting the print function into two separate scripts. The first script would only print page one to the tray with the letterhead; the second script would print starting with page two and use the blank paper tray.

Not guaranteeing this would work, it's just my first thought.

HTH,

Dan

• Newbies

I have a Letter that I want to print using letterhead for the first page the second on blank. Pretty standard. I can't figure out how to make FM print the extra pages using a different tray in the printer. Am I just stuck loading the printer with everyother page letterhead? or is this a driver thing where I could go get a different driver and it would be supported. HP Laser Jet 4 printer. Seems like this is a pretty standard option on other programs.

Thanks

Matt

[This message has been edited by trumpetr (edited January 15, 2001).]

• 1 month later...

Matt, Dan

I have exactly the same requirement, and have drawn a blank. In my case, it is made worse by not knowing how many pages there will be per client (it's a billing application, with summary on P1, detail on following pages).

It appears that you cannot directly influence the programmable parameters of the printer driver without a specific plugin for that driver (e.g. "Take next page from Hopper 2"). Also, Filemaker doesn't even save, for example, the "print page range" setting

What I have to do is have 2 layouts: the first layout is just the summary page (Page 1); the other layout is the rest (subsummary, body, etc.). Then I print all Page 1 together using the first layout, change paper to plain paper, then reprint all again using the second layout. Then I have to manually collate the output. This is OK if you only have a few bills ....

Anyone got a better solution?

This topic is 8468 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.