ODBC Connections not working after upgrade to FM Server Advanced 11

rickyd

This topic is 4580 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've been driving myself crazy searching for a week; I figured I'd post here in case anyone can help. Our ASP.NET apps (the ones which use an ODBC connection to our FM database) broke after upgrading from FMSA 9 to FMSA 11.

I've installed the new ODBC driver, changed the system DSN to use that new driver, and still get nothing but a server error. The error for one of the apps is this:

1. System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [iM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
  2. The other app seems to work with small amount of data (it takes input from a text field, does operations on it, and returns the modified data to that field), but breaks as soon as it hits somewhere around 2000 characters.

This is isolated to our ASP.NET apps -- we have a PHP site that doesn't seem to have any issues.

What's the proper ODBC connection string format? Right now, I'm using the following in our web.config file:

<appSettings>

<add key="DSN" value="Driver={FileMaker ODBC};Host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;database=dbname;uid=username;pwd=passwd;"/>

<add key="DSNType" value="FileMaker ODBC"/>

</appSettings>

Again, I have a System DSN set up that works for both PHP and Django apps (not to mention test connections), so I know it's not the DSN setup.

Any help would be incredibly appreciated. Thanks!

-RD

Update: when running the application in debug mode within VS I get

"+ $exception {"ERROR [28000] [FileMaker][FileMaker] (213): Password incorrectrnERROR [28000] [FileMaker][FileMaker] (213): Password incorrect"} System.Exception {System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException}"

The DSN, account name, and password used in the connection string are all good (the connection string is something like "DSN=dsnname;UID=accountname;Password=passwd"

I can make a test connection with the Filemaker ODBC driver using that account info. I can log into the Filemaker client with that info. Does anyone know why this isn't working? Help! I really don't want to have to revert back to FMSA9.

Thanks guys. Port 2399 is open; the "Enable ODBC/JDBC" box is checked in the FMSA 11 admin console. Anything else I might be missing?

The perplexing thing is that one of our ASP apps can clearly connect to the DB, but when the field it pulls is larger than about 2000 characters, it throws a "page not found" error after 5-10 seconds. I started logging any ODBC queries than ran longer than .5 seconds (in the DSN driver setup), but nothing has showed up on the log so far, so I don't think it's a timeout, even though it kind of seems like it.

In the server event logs, I’m also getting the following Bonjour Application Error.

"""

mDNSCoreReceiveResponse: Reseting to Probing: <dbname>_fmpro-internal._tcp.local. SRV 0 0 5003 <dbname>.local.

"""

followed immediately by another Bonjor Application Error:

"""

mDNSCoreReceiveResponse: Received from <ipaddr>:5353 59 <dbname>._fmpro-internal._tcp.local. TXT 3

Server 11.0v3

GwGHs?>WaGbPRGNQJLMkH6N<HLwN>IhjUFCS]<y]p

"""

where <dbname> is the name of our database.

Anyone know what this is? Looks like this is a recurring Bonjour error.

This topic is 4580 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.